Hello travellers,
let's go back in time! Let's talk a little bit more about our story so far. It is kind of amusing to see all the changes the apartment went through; also looking back I get ideas from the future, but that's another story I guess.
The first entry about all the changes were the doors. Of course the windows went through the same care and renovation. I chose a plain white for them in order to keep the natural light at its best in each room.


This was the state of all the windows. After a good amount of sanding and a few coats of varnish they became lovely!
Actually, there was a minor accident, a broken glass because of my clumsiness: while sanding I somehow put a foot on the glass. I had to call great glaziers that replaced the broken glass very fast end efficiently.
Then it was time for the kitchen!
It was more difficult, planning all the forniture to have more space to walk around.
It is a tiny room compared to most of the present style kitchens. I can only imagine what out american friends think about them! They have huge and amazing spaces to cook, but in Rome, especially in old buildings, the kitchen inside all the the apartments were really small.
Originally everything was messy and there was a table that was really too big for the room.
So, the table had to go away. But we needed a place where our guest could sit down and enjoy breakfast or any meal...so I thought, why not have a barlike counter, with matching barstools.
So here you can see how in the end I managed to restyle the kitchen.
What do you think of this new part?
Leave a comment, and if you have any suggestion for a future restyling let me know!
See you in Rome!
Alessandra
Book now at:
AlePh Casa Vacanze
AlePh Casa Vacanze


Nessun commento:
Posta un commento