mercoledì 19 luglio 2017

Why "AlePh"?



[Why did you choose the name "AlePh" for your house holiday in Rome?]


This is a question I get a lot.

Originally I wanted my apartment to have some kind of reference of Rome; but of course every cool idea was already taken.
So I decided it could be more personal because, I thought, in the end there was no need to remind my guest they were in Rome. 
This "AlePh" was a nickname I had a long time ago, and it came to me after reading
The aleph and other stories, by Borges
and
The Aleph, by Coelho

They were really inspiring books. In the first one the aleph is a point in space that contains all other spaces (and time) at once. To quote:
"I am in the aleph the point at which everything is in the same place at the same time. I am at a window, looking out at the world and its secret places, poetry lost in time and words left hanging in space...sentence that are perfectly understood, even when left unspoken."

I  discovered that aleph was the first letter of many alfabets, and that is used nowadays also for matematics.

If you consider this word fits almost perfectly my name and surname, here we are. The decision was made. 
It could seem a little bit(!) pretentious...but I loved that quote. And I love the way an apartment can be the center of so many different persons coming to visit a city full of history and other different people.

And that's it. I will leave you the always useful wikipidia page on the aleph, if you wish to know more about the semantics and other cool phonetics curiosities.



See you in Rome!

Alessandra

Book now at:
AlePh Casa Vacanze

Facebook        Twitter         Instagram





Nessun commento:

Posta un commento